Should I Replace My Grout?
Aarrgh! There’s some sort of weird hairy blackish growth on the grout in my shower! Disaster! Panic! Certain impending doom!
Well, maybe it’s not quite THAT dramatic. The whole point of grout is to keep Wet Out, but by definition that means your grout is spending its lifetime in a damp place, and weird icky things like to grow in damp places.
If you have strange nasties growing on your grout, it’s most likely mold and can be easily banished with a squirt of a bleach solution and a spot of scrubbing.
However, if you have cracks and chips and bits missing from your grout AND nasty ickies on top of that, the problem is a little more serious and needs addressing. And by ‘need’, I don’t mean in three years when your entire family is all gasping for breath from toxic mold exposure – I do actually mean ‘needs addressing’. It is actually a health issue.
The problem comes when the cracks and chips in your shower’s grouty armor leave it vulnerable to the Devil Incarnate – mold. Mold can crawl in through gaps in the grout and grow to rather nasty proportions unseen beneath the surface. And the longer it’s left, the worse it gets.
This is no time for squirty bleach – it’s time to call in the professionals. Namely, us. Stone Surface Specialists. Your knights in shining, gleaming, very very clean armor. We will be able to tell you almost immediately if the problem can be fixed with chemicals or if your shower needs to say goodbye to its fair-weather grouty friend and move on to bigger and better things. Namely, re-grouting.
Give Stone Surface Specialists a call today at 801 856 0164 and our experts will be able to tell you pretty much instantly what needs to be done. And then we’ll do it for you, with no rubber gloves, clothes peg (for your nose) and squirty bleach required on your part.