How to Solve Park City Winter Carpet Issues – Mud
Winter in Park City, Heber and Utah in general is a glorious time. The mountains come into their own with glittering snow-frosted vistas just begging to be played on. But while the snow and ice look like a fairytale outside, come winter your carpets start telling a different story. Tracked in snow, mud, salt and pet hair wreak havoc under your feet.
So what to do? In our four-part Park City special series, we’ll show you how to deal with Winter’s worst…..and keep your carpets plush and plump and pleasing.
This week, we’ll help you get rid of pesky mud stains.
Mud is never beautiful. Except possibly when they use it to make those fancy mud tshirts in Hawaii. Here’s our simple, 5-step process for removing mud stains from your carpets.
- Gently vacuum up any dry surface mud with the hose of a vacuum, as to not grind it into the carpet.
- Sprinkle baking soda, cornstarch, baby powder or other absorbent onto the stain and let stand at least an hour before vacuuming again
- Apply a dry-cleaning solvent, such as rubbing alcohol, acetone, mineral spirits or a commercial cleaner to the back of a clean cloth and blot gently, working from the edges of the stain to the center until stain disappears
- Blot the carpet with a dry sponge or cloth until the liquid is absorbed,
- Make sure the area is well ventilated until the carpet is fully dry
If the marks refuse to listen to reason, it’s time to call in the big guns at Stone Surface Specialists. We’ll have your carpets spit spot (without the spots) in a jiffy. Give us a call today at 801 856 0164.